We modified the invoices workflow in the new version and added invoice payments. There are several points on which we would like to sharpen your attention, as the change affects not only the UI, but also some logics were updated.
The payments allow taking into account the payment date of the invoice, and also now it is possible to partly pay the invoice and see the remaining amount, both on the invoice page and on the list of all the invoices. Every payment has the date, amount and description, and it’s also possible to attach files to the payments (e.g., receipt of payment).
Due to this fact, the logic of transition of the invoices statuses changed a bit. Now it’s not possible to simply change the status to “Paid”, but it’s necessary to add the payment, and in case the amount of all payments relative to the invoice is equal to the amount of the invoice, then the status automatically changes to “Paid”. But if any payment is deleted and after this the amount of payments is less than the invoice amount, then its status changes to “Sent”.
User interface changes¶
We made minor elaborations in the display of overall statistics and the statistics for the client. Now the total amount of paid invoices and the amount to be paid can be seen (the amounts are calculated only for those invoices that fall within the terms of filtering, by default, only open invoices get there).
Now there’s a balance of the client on the invoice page, which shows the unpaid amount (for invoices with the status “Sent” only).
In order to take into account the invoices, which were Sent and will not be paid for any reason, we added a new "closed" status "Cancelled".
And also, for convenience, only those contacts with the invoices are shown in the filters. The invoices may be linked to the contacts from any projects.
- Comments for invoices
- Finance plugin support
- PRO Assignee for expense
- PRO Attachments for invoices/expenses
- PRO Expenses table view
- PRO Sorting on excerpt list
- Feature: configure which menu entries are shown
- Feature: Contact card on show invoice page
- Feature: New currencies for Invoices (NZD and SGD)
- Feature: Redmine 2.1 support
- Feature: Ruby 1.9 support
- Bug: Global view not showing all time invoices
- Bug: Filter invoices and expenses statistics by visible permissions
- Bug: Expenses statistic permission bug
- Bug: Custom field does not saves in invoice creation
- Feature #557: Caching for invoice total amount
- Feature #759: Custom Field support for Expenses module
- Feature #871: Issues paginator with page_size
- Feature #873: CSV invoices/expenses export
- Feature #874: Invoice subject property
- Feature #875: Expenses statistic by dates and statuses
- Feature #962: Page number and invoice number in page footer
- Bug #872: Wrong statistics for boundary dates for last month
- Bug #921: ActionView:TemplateError
For update replace plugins in vendor/plugins folder and run
rake db:migrate_plugins RAILS_ENV=production
- Feature #421: [PRO] Rate plugin support
- Feature #591: Invoice German translation updated to 1.0.2
- Feature #592: German Translation for Expenses plugin
- Feature #607: Brazilian translation (many thanks to Batista Hallison)
- Feature #671: Grouping invoice lines by time entries
- Bug #593: Wrong decimal separator for tax and quantity
- Bug #668: Global search pagination bug
- Feature #534: REST API for invoices
- Feature #535: Setting for selection which contacts fields should displayed in PDF invoice
- Feature #546: Redmine 1.4 suport (new routings)
- Feature #547: CSS styles for status tag (for colors)
- Feature #548: Polish translation (many thanks to Grzegorz Ruta)
- Feature #549: Phone field deleted from PDF form
- Feature #551: Contact statistics on invoice show page
- Bug #550: Invoice data error on statistics
Big update with many new features.
Many thanks to Christian Esbo Agergaard for Danish translation
- Feature #445: Total price without tax/with tax
- Feature #446: German/European invoice template
- Feature #447: Switch of company information for printing
- Feature #466: Add company data to the "Client" menu on new invoice form
- Feature #469: Default currency setting
- Feature #470: Australian dollar currency support
- Feature #471: Highrise and A1 themes support
- Feature #482: Danish currency (DKK)
- Feature #486: Excerpt invoice list view
- Feature #487: Global search by invoice number
- Feature #488: Color invoice statuses
- Bug #480: ActionView::TemplateError (can't convert nil into String) on line #18 of vendor/plugins/redmine_contacts_invoices/app/views/settings/_contacts_invoices.html.erb:
Also available in: Atom